Photo By MargaPl at Shutterstock
While you may keep your home sparkling clean, you just can’t reach certain surfaces on your own. For that reason and others, professional drain cleaning confers major benefits when performed on a regular basis. Rather than snaking the drains in your Richardson, TX home or office yourself or investing in economy-size jugs of Drano, rely on the professional plumbing technicians at bluefrog Plumbing + Drain of North Dallas to complete the dirty job quickly and effectively.
Prevent Clogs and Blockages
While you probably don’t think much about your home’s drainage system, the very second it starts malfunctioning, it usually pulls you to full attention. Professional drain cleaning helps you avoid this problem by clearing pipes in most every area of your home. From hair clogs in the showers and backed up toilets to noxious kitchen garbage disposals and flooded basement drains, bluefrog’s professional plumbing technicians have you covered with quick, reliable and punctual service. Between drain cleanings, you can help our professional plumbing technicians out by not disposing of certain household materials in your sinks, including:
- Kitty litter – Even if kitty litter says it’s flushable, it can clog your system badly and trap bacteria from waste in your pipes. While clay-based litters seem the biggest culprit, even flushable litters sometimes expand in water enough to clog your pipes.
- Grease, fats and oils – Placing this trio down your drains causes major issues as it binds with other items flushed through it to create giant clogs.
- Produce Stickers – Because the adhesive backing stays sticky in your pipes, it can potentially snag other things to prevent or reduce drainage.
- Coffee Grounds – Used coffee grounds clump together rather than breaking apart as they flow, often preventing your drain from completing its job.
- Eggshells – Though eggshells break down into small pieces that should clear easily, they often adhere to grease, fats and oils for super-size clogging.
- Paper Towels – Unlike toilet paper, paper towels are designed to stay intact during use. This means they often also stay intact when you flush them.
- Cotton Balls – Though cotton is biodegradable, it instantly becomes a soggy, heavy mess in water. There, it can sink into pipes’ curves and catch passing debris.
- Condoms – Construction from rubber means condoms don’t dissolve in water or biodegrade. They typically never make it out of your home’s drainage system, so they hang around in your pipes capturing other items.
- Feminine Hygiene Products: Tampons, pads and panty liners all have cotton construction that causes issues similar to cotton balls. Some of these items also have adhesive backing, causing similar issues to produce stickers.
- Starchy Foods: Starchy foods sometimes become glue-like when wet, hanging and clogging in the process. These products include flour, rice, noodles and potato peels.
Reduce Odors, Mold and Bacteria
Professional drain cleaning can help remove mold, bacteria and odors from your Richardson, TX home, which can potentially improve your family’s health. The various organic things we send down the pipes sometimes stick around for a while, and when they do, they decay right there in your home’s drainage system. This can result in noxious odors emanating from sinks and even leave you and your family vulnerable to getting sick from lingering bacteria and mold. Our professional plumbing technicians help you avoid this with deep-cleaning techniques that remove existing issues and speed up the flow of your pipes to prevent build-up from occurring for a while.
Our drain cleaning services boost your drainage speeds to better wash away the food bacteria and fungi need to grow. In the kitchen, clogs in the line can make debris “burp” from the dishwasher or garbage disposal into sanitized sinks. In the bathroom, hair, dirt and grime work together to stop up the bathtub and shower drains, leaving behind excess water with major potential for mold growth. Keep in mind that even if you do everything right and never run anything you shouldn’t down your drains, they may still clog in areas with hard water. Hard water has an excess of minerals that accumulate in pipes, sometimes creating blockages.
Discover Problematic Issues
Slow water drainage can also point to problems with your pipes, making professional drain cleaning an even bigger imperative if you want to save money on repairs down the road. Unclogging the offending pipe might work well in the short-term, but fixing it quickly and forgetting about it might come back to haunt you. Clogs that hang around too long can oxidize, potentially leading to leaks due to corrosion. With leaks — especially in out of the way area — you boost your chances for flooding and having to have entire pipes replaced down the road. For these reasons, drain cleaning services from our professional plumbing experts help you stay on top of issues that might end up causing costly problems.
Using Our Drain Cleaning Services
Your Richarson, TX home is likely your biggest investment, both in terms of money and time spent there. One way to make your time at home more pleasant is to invest in drain cleaning service on a regular schedule from bluefrog Plumbing + Drain of North Texas. Our plumbing technicians arrive at your home right on time, dealing with your problem in a courteous, professional manner. We stand at the ready to serve homes in your area 24/7 every day of the year, and top-notch ratings from the Better Business Bureau, Home Advisor, Google Guaranteed and the PHCC provide you with extra assurance we’ll do the job right. Whether you need an emergency fix for clog-caused flooding, traps added to washing machines to prevent future backups or just a routine deep cleaning for your drainage system, bluefrog Plumbing + Drain of North Texas can complete your repair, installation or maintenance tasks quickly and efficiently.