Photo By fatihhoca at istock
Your water heater is one of the most important components of your plumbing system. Without hot water, it is not safe for you to wash your hands or keep your home sanitary. That is why you should not put off any hot water heater repair you need. Our licensed and insured team at bluefrog Plumbing + Drain of North Dallas can provide exceptional support to you, including fast help when you need it the most. For repair in Carrollton, TX, call us first.
Signs You Need Water Heater Repair
Your water heater operates out of sight most of the time. That can make it hard to see signs of necessary water heater repair. However, the sooner you reach out to a licensed plumber for help when you do spot a problem, the more likely you are to ensure the work is done effectively and affordably. These are some of the most common signs of a problem with your water heater that should be looked at carefully.
- The water temperature is irregular. You may notice the amount of hot water – or the temperature of the hot water – seems to change from one time of the day to another. It may just feel lukewarm at some points, or even cold.
- The water is no longer clear. It may be cloudy or even have a yellowish tint to it. This water isn’t safe to use. It’s best to let a professional take a closer look before using it.
- There’s a water leak. Most often, these start out small and may involve a limited amount of pooling under the tank itself. Other times, a line can burst due to pressure problems, causing water to spray from the water heater itself.
- You run out of hot water fast. As a system gets older, it cannot produce enough hot water to meet your demands. This can lead to a system that’s no longer effective for your home. It may become a constant problem as the system ages, even if you reduce how much water you use.
- Strange sounds and noises are also common signs of a necessary water heater repair. It may sound like clanking or high-pitched squeals. In all cases, this can indicate a need for immediate help.
You should also look for water heater repair needs on a routine basis. At least once a month, check for signs of corrosion – like a rust buildup – as well as condensation on the outside of the tank.
What to Do When You Need Water Heater Repair in Carrollton, TX
No matter which of these or other signs you see, call a licensed plumber for all water heater repair. This is critical to ensuring the work is done properly and up to local building codes. Our team will offer fast, reliable solutions to fit your goals. They may include:
Repairs to the Tank or System
Many times, we can repair the hot water tank. This may include, for example, replacing the pilot or heating mechanism. Other times, we need to drain out the buildup of material and sediment on the bottom of the tank. Taking these steps ensures your system can get back up and running again in no time.
Repairs are often a fast solution. When they are possible, they generally can be done very quickly, ensuring your hot water system is back up and running quickly. We can often tell you if repairs are possible when you tell us what problems you are having and after we provide a full inspection of the existing system. Whenever possible, we will handle water heater repair affordably while also ensuring the best solution for the life of your system.
Replacing the Water Tank
Sometimes the repairs you need are more extensive than makes sense. Other times, the existing hot water heater is simply too old and no longer efficient. These cases may lead to the need to replace the hot water heater completely. The good news is this can be done quickly – often the same day we provide service to you – and it can be rather affordable in most cases.
When replacing the hot water tank, we will talk to you about a range of options you have. This includes newer models that are far more efficient – that means you may be able to have more hot water when you need it without paying a lot more for energy to keep the water hot. Newer models are far more efficient than those from just 10 years ago. We will talk to you about options in electric, gas, and other fuel options, as well as the size of the tank itself. It should fit the needs of your family.
Consider Installing a Tankless Water Heater
Many of our clients will benefit from a tankless water heater upgrade. If you need extensive hot water heater repair, upgrading to a tankless system will cost a bit more than just replacing the existing tank. However, it can solve many problems homeowners have. If your family is large and growing, even a larger tank may struggle to keep up with the demands for hot water. However, these systems lack a need for a large tank storing water. Instead, water is heated on demand and nearly instantly.
The good news is our team can talk you through any type of repair need you have and ensure the work is done properly for you. We will answer all of your questions regarding hot water heaters and ensure that any repair work we do is done properly and according to local building codes. Keeping you safe is always important to us.
When You Need Help Call Our Team for Fast, Reliable Support
At bluefrog Plumbing + Drain of North Dallas, we can help you with all types of water heater repair in Carrollton, TX, and the surrounding area. Don’t put off calling in a licensed technician to handle your hot water heater problems – we are fast, efficient, and dedicated to working with you to ensure the very best outcome. Call us for an appointment or emergency repair today.